With over 800 million users and 60 million status updates daily, Facebook has been ranked #1 out of all social media sites and is the second largest website next to Google. People all over the world check Facebook daily which gives businesses that use it an excellent chance to reach an extremely wide audience.
Facebook is user-friendly, easy to customize and easy to navigate through. The revolutionary News feed feature that was added in 2006, allows people to see continuous updates of their contacts and the pages they subscribe to. This allows you to get your posts and updates out to people without having them actually visit your page.
What’s great about marketing your business on Facebook is that people tend to share products and services that they like to their friends. If you have a reliable company that sells good products or services, then your customers are likely to ‘Like’ you and give you good feedback. And because 78% of people trust peer recommendations over ads, then you could easily get friends of these customers to trust your product or service over the thousands of others which were not peer-recommended.
How do I show up more in News Feeds and searches?
The more engrossing your page is, the better it shows up in searches and News Feeds. Try to get as many Likes and comments as possible by creating posts that people would want to engage with. Try to get as many subscribers as possible too so that your posts can reach a larger audience and there could be more people to engage with your page. Don’t be afraid to ask people to Like your page and take advantage of Facebook ads if you have money to spare. You could also draw on your existing networks to get more subscribers by linking your websites or blogs to your Facebook page.
‘Shares’ and “RSVP’s” also increase your Facebook reach. Make sure to have posts and events that are exciting enough to get people to want to spread the word.
What should I post on a Facebook business page?
The businesses that have been most successful using Facebook are those that know how to engage with people. It’s important that you create a page that people want to check out and participate in. When anyone Likes or comments on something you posted, it’s shared with their network of friends as “____ commented on ____’s status”.
If a subscriber posts a good review to your product or service, or even simply shows interest in a status update, then their network of friends are able to learn about it and you have the chance to gain a bigger following. Remember that the more people comment or like something you posted, the more Facebook shows your post in people’s News Feeds to increase your reach.
Here are some helpful tips on what to post once you’ve got your Facebook page running:
► Product information
Use Facebook to showcase your products and services. Inform your subscribers of the benefits of using your product as well as some of its special features. You could also post articles that mention your company or product, as well as positive reviews from people. Just make sure you don’t overdo it so as not to bore people; or, be seen as an overpromoter.
► Useful information related to your industry
Include posts about interesting trivia and tips on things simply related to your field. You don’t want to lose people’s interest by having a page that just pushes your products onto them. You have to pique their interests and show that your page is not just about advertising but something that offers them more. You could also post informative and fun articles that your subscribers may read, like and share to their friends.
Other great related content:
- Facebook on Steroids: Million Dollar Apps for Free! (eBook)
- Facebook Insights: Marketing Stats and Demographics (eBook)
- Facebook Content: 30+ Damn Great Ideas!
- Facebook Marketing Case Study: Foot Locker (eBook)
- Facebook Marketing Case Study: Ralph Lauren (eBook)
- Facebook Marketing Case Study: Victoria’s Secret Pink (eBook)
- Facebook Business Case Study: Build-A-Bear Workshop (eBook)
- Facebook Business Case Study: Walmart Retail (eBook)
- 7 Common Facebook Fan Page Mistakes (Podcast)
- 7 Common Facebook Fan Page Mistakes (Podcast Transcript)
- Social Media for Small Business (Podcast)
- Social Media for Small Business (Podcast Transcript)
- 5 Quick Social Media Tips (Podcast)
- 5 Quick Social Media Tips (Podcast Transcript)
- 5 Ways to Generate Facebook Fans for Business (Podcast)
- 5 Ways to Generate Facebook Fans for Business (Podcast Transcript)
- 8 Simple Facebook Marketing Tips (Podcast)
- 8 Simple Facebook Marketing Tips (Podcast Transcript)
- Disruptive Social Media Marketing Innovation: Good for Smaller Businesses (Podcast)
- Disruptive Social Media Marketing Innovation: Good for Smaller Businesses (Podcast Transcript)
- Top 10 Facebook Apps for Business (Podcast)
- Top 10 Facebook Apps for Business (Podcast Transcript)
- Thoughts on Social Media Branding (Podcast)
- Thoughts on Social Media Branding (Podcast Transcript)
- How to Use Facebook for Business (Video)
- Facebook Sports Case Study: NFL Football (Video)